Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

My #1 tip for a healthier you...


One thing I am super careful about lately is marketing. I am convinced that people want to be healthy! No one wants to be sick, overweight, or get a disease... That is why companies market their products as sugar free, fat free, heart healthy, gluten free, or my absolute favorite "ALL NATURAL!" 

Take a look at this hilarious video to see what I mean... 

I'm going to repeat myself and tell you the number one thing you can do for your health... Turn over that package, bottle, product, or container and READ all the ingredients!! Find out what you are putting in and on your body! 

Your skin is the largest organ you have and many people don't even give a second thought to what goes on it. Everything you lather on is absorbed into your body. Good or bad. If you rub essential oils on your feet (like I do) they are absorbed through your skin and enter your blood stream. There they can boost your immune system, calm your nerves, or even improve your breathing. On the other hand if you wash your hands with a toxic chemical, because you have been marketed to and told it will make you "healthier"- those chemicals enter your blood stream and affect your body chemistry! Next week I'm going to tell you what chemical I avoid in hand soap! 😁 oh the anticipation... 

So there you have it... My #1 tip for a healthier you: READ!! Don't believe anything that is written on the front of a package, that is marketing!! They know you want to be healthy so they are using marketing buzz words to make you believe that there product is good for you. Instead of telling you the truth that it is packed with chemicals, preservatives, artificial colors, fillers, and other things that are iffy at best. You are the only one who can safe guard your health... 

Lots of love, 
Robin 

No comments:

Post a Comment